By Thomas Leitch,Leland Poague
- Contains thirty chapters by means of the major Hitchcock scholars
- Covers his lengthy profession, from his earliest contributions to different administrators’ silent motion pictures to his final uncompleted final film
- Details the iconic legacy he left to filmmakers and audiences alike
Read Online or Download A Companion to Alfred Hitchcock (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Film Directors) PDF
Similar film & video art books
Within the early days of cinema, whilst actors have been unbilled and unmentioned in credit, audiences instantly spotted Mary Pickford. Moviegoers in every single place have been riveted by means of her magnetic expertise and charm as she rose to turn into cinema's first nice megastar. during this attractive assortment, copublished with the Library of Congress, an eminent team of movie historians sheds new mild in this icon's wonderful lifestyles and legacy.
Edited by means of major professionals at the topic, and bringing jointly a stellar solid of participants, this targeted appraisal of Pedro Almodóvar’s designated cinematic artwork examines the subjects, variety, and aesthetics of his oeuvre and locates it within the context of the profound cultural modifications in Spain because the Nineteen Seventies.
The ladies in Horror Annual is an anthology of horror fiction and nonfiction written via women. While now not precise within the horror literary panorama, the WHA counts as one amongst a scant handful of women-only anthologies. The WHA promotes and celebrates female voices in horror, and the tales and papers contained inside of characterize a various staff of writers, each one with their very own designated imaginative and prescient.
Initially a winning painter from Romania, Jean Negulesco labored in Hollywood first as an paintings director, then as a moment unit director. He used to be later employed as a director via quite a few studios—mostly for ballet and musical shorts—before being assigned to a few commercially profitable movies. in the course of his 30–year profession, he labored in different ecu international locations but it used to be within the U.
- Self-Projection: The Director’s Image in Art Cinema
- Style and Form in the Hollywood Slasher Film
- European Nightmares: Horror Cinema in Europe Since the 1945
- American Media and the Memory of World War II (Routledge Research in Cultural and Media Studies)
- Film Theory: Rational Reconstructions
Extra resources for A Companion to Alfred Hitchcock (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Film Directors)
A Companion to Alfred Hitchcock (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Film Directors) by Thomas Leitch,Leland Poague