By David E. Chinitz
- It compiles the main entire and up to date therapy on hand of Eliot's paintings and career
- It explores the strong forces that formed Eliot as a author and philosopher, interpreting his physique of labor and assessing his oeuvre in a number of contexts: historic, cultural, social, and philosophical
- It charts the surge in serious curiosity in T.S. Eliot because the early 1990s
- It offers an illuminating perception right into a poet, author, and critic who keeps to outline the literary panorama of the final century
Read or Download A Companion to T. S. Eliot (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Similar british & irish poetry books
The writer S. okay. Haddad relives the tale of ways the Celts Christianised the Anglo-Saxon invaders of england. In poetic shape, this interesting learn charts the ancient landmark that modified the process British faith. With every one stanza, you'll be absorbed by means of the infectious narrative and should fast develop into immersed.
In recent times, the idea that conventional songs originated from a essentially oral culture has been challenged by means of learn into ’street literature’ - that's, the inexpensive published broadsides and chapbooks that poured from the presses of jobbing printers from the past due 16th century till the start of the 20 th.
Alfred Lord Tennyson (1809-1892) has frequently been thought of a very British author partially as his legit submit as Poet Laureate necessarily devoted him to a certain quantity of patriotic writing. This quantity makes a speciality of his influence at the continent, offering an enormous scholarly research of Tennyson's wider reception in numerous components of Europe.
Provides George Eliot's shorter poetry. This quantity comprises an creation, which discusses Eliot's curiosity in poetry verse and its relation to her prose and prose fiction; her habitual issues and motifs; the poetry's severe reception and its worth to fashionable readers.
- English Alliterative Verse: Poetic Tradition and Literary History (Cambridge Studies in Medieval Literature)
- Robert Browning: The Critical Heritage: Volume 44
- The Poems of Norman MacCaig
- The Lustre Jug
Extra info for A Companion to T. S. Eliot (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)
A Companion to T. S. Eliot (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) by David E. Chinitz