By Andrew Thorpe
Read or Download A History of the British Labour Party, Third Edition (British Studies Series) PDF
Best political parties books
This quantity brings jointly for the 1st time the British Conservative Political occasion normal Election Manifestos, relationship again to 1900, and together with the newest common Election manifesto of 1997. The venture presents an indispensible resource of knowledge concerning the Conservative Party's political ideologies and coverage positions, in addition to charting their adjustments over the years.
This essay has taken up a lot of my time, and extra of my strength, for the prior ten years. it's been very unlikely to be my good friend in this interval with no enduring numerous conversations and scribblings dedicated to one or nother line of inspiration. for that reason, my neighbors have contributed vastly to the ultimate product.
This designated comparative learn examines minority illustration and powersharing in Canada, Kenya, South Africa, Fiji, India, Malaysia, and Yugoslavia. offering a brand new notion of the 'consociational party', Bogaards explores how variety differs inside events and why it concerns for social peace and democracy.
The Liberal occasion of Canada is among the so much profitable events within the democratic global. It ruled Canadian politics for a century, practicing an inclusive form of “big tent” politics that enabled it to fend off rivals on either the left and correct. This publication lines the list of the celebration, unwrapping Liberal practices and association to bare its specific “brokerage” method of politics and franchise-style constitution.
- In the Lion's Mouth: Black Populism in the New South, 1886-1900 (Margaret Walker Alexander Series in African American Studies)
- The Primary Decision: A Functional Analysis of Debates in Presidential Primaries (Notre Dame Conferences in Medieval Studies)
- Competitive Elections and Democracy in America: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (Routledge Research in American Politics and Governance)
- No Party Now: Politics in the Civil War North
- Politics on a Human Scale: The American Tradition of Decentralism
Additional resources for A History of the British Labour Party, Third Edition (British Studies Series)
A History of the British Labour Party, Third Edition (British Studies Series) by Andrew Thorpe